Sunday, February 7, 2010

ME news paper, local press head line. 'IMAGINE A WORLD W/OUT FILIPINOS' dated 16.6.08, Is it true or false?

PAPER SAID, We have to remember that we are very much dependent on the Filipinos around us.We could die a slow death if they chose to leave us.


I'm became a handicapped and shut my establishment after my Filipino workers insisted to back homeland.When they left, I felt as if Ihad lost my arms,I was so sad that I lost my appetite.


Nobody here can think of a life w/out Filipinos, who make up around 20% of the world seafarers.there are 1.2 million Filipinos sailors. So if filipinos decided one day to stop working or go to strike for any reason, who would transport our oil, food and heavy equipment across the world? We can only imagine the disaster that would happen. What makes filipno unique is ability to communicate and technical training the received in the early stages of their education because theijr are several specialized training institute in the philippines which are Europian %26amp; american Standard in combination.This type of education system is very effective.ME news paper, local press head line. 'IMAGINE A WORLD W/OUT FILIPINOS' dated 16.6.08, Is it true or false?
All the stuff you said is true to quite some extent. But for many Filipinos, these do not necessarily materialize into the much needed cash. Filipino workers worldwide remain the most highly exploited. The employer who felt his arms and legs were amputated after his/ her Filipino worker left, will not get replacements for the peanuts they pay under the name of a salary. Nor will he get workers who will stay in such pitiable conditions they subject Filipinos to.





By an ME newspaper, I assume you mean a Middle East-based newspaper. Can you ask this enlightened newspaper...has it ever brought to light, through its reports, the overall plight of the Filipino worker in that region???





BTW..which newspaper was that??? I would like to give them a piece of my mind.ME news paper, local press head line. 'IMAGINE A WORLD W/OUT FILIPINOS' dated 16.6.08, Is it true or false?
True. As Filipino's can be literally found almost everywhere and make up almost 20% of a country's population of workers I'd say that the Filipino's could affect certain countries' business. Now if only those people would come back to Philippines and do some work here and there ...... The Philippines can PROBABLY progress to some point ...
It is true and I agree with both answerers above.





Here are links to the complete news write-up and some comments from Qatar based Filipinos.





http://www.arabnews.com/?page=13%26amp;section鈥?/a>


http://www.qatarliving.com/node/121833
True!





But then if there are no Filipinos, surely there would be another who will be just like us.
I must say kitty cathleen is correct.
Perhaps, the paper you mentioned is a prophecy.





That a ';mass layoff'; is in the offing. I feel it in my bones, too. They're gonna fire us all cuz my company is heading down dangerous straits! Poor me! Alas! Heading back home as a ';bum'; again!





Am working in the Middle East, and my company used to have a 70% Filipino work force. Now, there's only a handful of us left. We were replaced by Bangla Deshis, Pakistanis, etc. etc. And our great Plant %26amp; Machinery department, that was the pride of the land, maintained by Filipinos, became a great junkyard when my countrymen left.
Way back then (a LONG time ago),





1 Philippine peso (P) is equivalent to 1 US dollar ($).











If only our politicians did not corrupt our money,





(ESPECIALLY the MARCOSes --including GMA)





This place could have already been a 1st World Country.





(I think it became / almost became a 1st World Country)





It's an honest and undeniable fact.





Even you alone KNOW exactly how great we,





the Filipino people are.











You know what?





We have the brains, the skills, and the resources.





We just LACK honest and dedicated leaders..





Who will govern our Prosperous Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment